I have been trying to import sdf file into HEC-RAS but, so far, I wasn't successful at all. So than I decided to try with the simple case study discussed in this thread but I wasn't lucky as well. I did these steps sequentially:
1. Imported all the shp files in qgis
2. created a new schema
3. Added the field "River" and "Reach" filling with two random strings these fileds the layer "Riverline.shp".
4. Sorted cross-sections from higher IDs to lower IDs going from upstream to downstream, respectively
5. Ran these tools in sequence: Stream centerline topology; stream centerlines length; cross-sections river names; cross-section stationing; cross-sections bank stations; cross-sections downstream reach lengths; cross-sections elevations assigning the provided dem.
6. exported using create rasgis import file. Every steps report "done" in the console window.
Please find the exported file here:
I also noticed that this file seems to be created by default without any extension (sdf), so I am adding it manually.
I using ubuntu/linux 14.04 for QGIS 2.18.3, while I am running HEC-RAS 5.0.3 in a Winodws 7 virtual machine
Thanks in advance for the support, in case it works out the pkg is amazing!